Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
This position is responsible for providing clinical Pharmacy services to patients of all ages in the pharmacist’s area of specialty. This position is also responsible for routinely interacting with physicians and nurses to make recommendations regarding drug therapy for patients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs pharmacotherapeutic monitoring and care for patients in the area of service
- Provides general and specific drug information to patients, physicians, nurses and other health care professionals
- Interacts routinely with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to provide optimal pharmaceutical care to patients
- Develops, implements and takes responsibility for educational programming within the Pharmacy
- Supports staff pharmacists in providing pharmaceutical care to patients by direct interaction
- Conducts pharmaceutical related research in area of specialty
- Implements programs to improve service in area of specialty
Minimum of :
o Three (3) years experience as a clinical pharmacist with a Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy
o One (1) year experience as a clinical pharmacist with a Doctor of Pharmacy
o One (1) year experience as a clinical pharmacist with a Post Baccalaureate Pharmacy Degree
o One (1) year experience as a clinical pharmacist with a Post Baccalaureate M.S
- Ability to develop ideas and solutions to problems related to both patient care and research
- Proficient in the use of PCs, spreadsheets and other pharmaceutical applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills`
- Ability to speak and write in English is required
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Arabic is preferred
-Health care industry experience is preferred
Of the following at least one is required:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy / Doctor of Pharmacy / Post Baccalaureate Pharmacy Degree / Post Baccalaureate Master’s degree
- Current license as a registered Pharmacist is required
- Post graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy is preferred
ORGANIZATION-WIDE COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS
All employees will embrace the CCAD mission, vision and values and be responsible for adhering to the core values of the institution, including: Patient’s First, Collaboration, Mutual Respect, Quality, Patient Safety, Integrity, Cultural Sensitivity and Compassion.
All employees are also expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner. Adaptability including teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback. Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully. Essential Job Requirements includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills. Managerial Responsibilities includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements and budgetary constraints.
The responsibilities described on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills
and abilities required of employees in the position.
Final determination of a candidate’s qualifications and eligibility to perform the job is at the sole discretion and judgment of the institute/department executive leadership.
- Job Location: UAE
- Job Role: Healthcare/Medical
- Expected Date: 2013-11-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Permanent
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 5
- Job Department: Clinical Operations
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3 Max: 15
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates